Sgt. Poopers sells new dog waste stations, provides installation and weekly maintenance.
Contents (Quick Links)
Spearheading Conservation Awareness
How do you make someone WANT to pick up dog waste? You make it about conservation with our striking Conservation Arrowhead® design. This trademarked design belongs to us so no one is allowed to copy it, however you can purchase the design and we'll make your sign for you. We can even customize your sign with your park name and city. Conservation is something virtually everyone supports.
We sell the best dog waste stations on the market. We've done the homework for you, and with more than a decade in the business, we know how to get people to pick up after their dogs.
Dog Waste Station Features
We include our custom sign with each dog waste station. Our all-important header sign was created after years of experience in the industry. It's the first dog waste station that isn't a dog waste station, it's an Environmental Conservation Station where dog owners can support environmental conservation and feel good about themselves by picking up after their dog. No guilt. All positive.
Brilliant in its simplicity, our campaign is ready to implement in your community. We've done all the work so you can reap the rewards of better protected land and water resources, not to mention reduced fly populations polluting your greenscape. As a note, flies are "filth insects" that flourish and prosper by spreading disease to healthy humans and animals. Learn more about how flies spread disease here.
Custom Printed "Conservation Arrowhead" Sign
The concept embodied in the 5-color 18 in x 12 in x .080 gauge aluminum conservation arrowhead does 90% of the work to change attitudes and persuade cooperation. It sets the context. It's beautiful and it actually enhances an environment by it focuses attention on the value of your immediate environment. If visitors didn't already like the environment, they wouldn't be there. So we know this message is something with which they will agree and no one will disagree. The best marketing campaigns are virtually impossible to disagree with. Instead of making a dog waste station into a silent policeman ordering people to pick up their dog's waste, we are placing a station there that enables people to support local conservation. Even people who are immune to authority want to think of themselves as supportive of conservation.
We are also handling a key misconception that prevent dog owners from being more responsible—the idea that "dog waste is fertilizer" or that dog waste "just turns into dirt." Without explanation, our Conservation Arrowhead "positions" dog waste as a conservation issue. In that context, dog waste could not be fertilizer because if it was, it wouldn't be "conservation" to pick it up. Everyone wins without arguing.
Dog Waste Bags
There are four main types of dog waste bags. We can provide whatever type of dispenser you want.
ROLL BAGS: Roll bags are 50% to 150% more economical than any other style of waste bag. Our roll bags are configured vertically, on end, because that makes them less prone to binding and thus easier to use. Our dispenser holds up to 600 bags so is unlikely to ever run out. Any roll of poop bags will work in our dispenser.
STRAP-PULL BAGS: These are the most expensive style of bags but are the easiest to remove, particularly for people with arthritic hands. They are 150% more expensive than roll bags.
MITTEN BAGS: These are the easiest to pick up dog waste with, particularly with big dogs. They are 56% more expensive than roll bags.
TIE-HANDLE BAGS: These are the easiest to tie off, 50% more expensive than roll bags.
We offer four styles of waste bag dispensers, one design corresponding to each style of bag. All are the same price and meet our high standards of quality construction.
The common cylindrical basket-style container commonly seen on dog waste stations are popular, but they have some problems. These are often poorly made so allow the bags to fill up with rain water (making an awful mess). They can fail to hold the trash bags in place so they fall down into the bottom of the container with poop bags on top. They tend to let in flies and mosquitoes, lets odors out, and the large opening allows people to fill them up cups, bottles, picnic and party trash which prevents their proper use. They are vulnerable to vandalism. And the internal "hoops" which are ostensibly to hold a can liner in place (and which often do not work) grab onto a full bag when you try to remove it making the job more difficult than it needs to be.
Our waste receptacle has none of those problems. Our vault-style waste receptacle is sealed against the rain, sealed against insects (flies and breeding mosquitoes), and sealed to keep odors inside. It holds 11 gallons which is larger than the round "basket" kind. The chute on top prevents insertion of large items like wine bottles, etc., which fill up the trash bag and block dog owners from using it as a dog waste receptacle. It also locks to prevent vandalism.
If you live in the greater Dallas, TX area and purchase a dog waste station from us or from someone else, we can professionally install it for you. We supply tools, concrete, transportation, post-hole, assembly—everything.
Properly installed, our dog waste stations can easiy last two decades or more, so it's worth doing the installation right. Each station should be set in concrete to prevent it from leaning over from gravity and our ever-shifting black clay soil.
Each installation site must be visited three times:
- Dig holes and set and brace post in concrete
- Remove bracing, clean and paint post (paint requires 24 hours drying time)
- Final assembly, clean up
Here's the full break down of work:
- Preparing quotes and plan presenting various options and prices: 1 man-hour (FREE)
- Sourcing: ordering parts and components, spec'ing signs, sending art to sign shop: 1 man-hour (FREE)
- Purchasing (in person) materials: Home Depot (concrete, wood, screws, paint), picking up signs from shop, round trip: 2 man-hours (FREE)
- Dog waste station unboxing, vault pre-assembly to mount container on door, staging components ready for transport, breaking down corrugated shipping boxes: 0.5 man hours per station.
[Each 60 lb station comes in a nested set of large corrugated boxes. Pre assembly is required for the internal garbage bin]
Installation Day 1
- Gathering and loading tools and supplies (bags of concrete, gallons of water, steel posts, wooden stakes, 1x2s and 2x2s for bracing, hole shovel, posthole digger, drills, drill bits, screws, bungies, tape measure, post level, sockets and wrench, hammer (stakes), driver (screws), 1 5/8" wood screws, hand saw, generator, pencil, pre-cutting lumber: 1 man-hour (FREE)
- Round trip transportation to job site: approx. 30 min (FREE)
- Walk-through with client to select exact location site for each station: 0.17 man-hour per site
- Unloading tools, concrete and water, brace, stakes; digging 14" hole, assembling 2-part steel post, mixing 65 lbs concrete (about 0.8 of an 80 lb bag); plumbing post, setting stakes, and bracing; clean up of trash, loading up tools, driving to next installation site: 1:15 / station x 2 people = 2 man-hours per station
Installation Day 2
- Optional: Purchasing, assembling and loading up painting supplies and painting tools: acetone, rags, disposable gloves, hunter green enamel paint, tray and roller, lid opener: 0.5 man-hour (FREE)
- Optional: Round trip transportation to job site: approx. 0.5 man-hour (FREE)
- Optional: Removing bracing, cleaning oil/dirt from each post with acetone, painting post with oil-based enamel and roller: 0.5 man-hour each, $36 per station
- Conservation Arrowhead sign design, printing, pickup (FREE)
- Sign-work set up and clean up in shop: 1 man-hour (FREE)
- Cutting out each aluminum arrowhead sign, trimming edges, drilling bolt holes: 0.5 man-hour per station (FREE)
Installation Day 3
- Assembling and loading: dog waste station components (vaults, dispensers, signs, nuts & bolts, washers), supplies (trash bags, poop bags), tools, driver, socket, flat shovel, 8' 2x4 (lever to remove old station), bolt, small log (as fulcrum), scribe to number individual keys, 2 key rings: 1 man-hour (FREE)
- Round trip transportation to job site: approx. 30 min (FREE)
- Unpacking and staging components at each installation site: 0.17 man-hour per site
- Final assembly sign, dispenser, waste vault, stocking poop bags in dispenser, inserting garbage bag in vault, removing old dog waste station, leveling dirt pile from 14" hole: 1 man-hour each
- Dispose of waste (from old stations), plastic bags (from shipping containers), breaking down cardboard boxes and spacers: 30 min
- Staging for pickup, loading, transporting, unloading old dog waste stations, storing, donating for metal salvage: 40 min
Contact us for dog waste station installation pricing.
Dog Waste Station Summary
Common areas and green space marred by overflowing dog waste stations are no walk in the park! Our procedures and protocols are designed to protect and conserve the most precious parkland of all — the one you call home. It’s like having a park ranger for your own backyard which is why we say, “We treat your yard like a National Park!”
Sgt. Poopers is a conservation company, so our protocols are based on the principles of conservation. Our approach is common-sense, holistic, always safe, and 100% effective. Our methodology works and you will see immediate results. On top of everything else, no contract is required. We do not use toxic chemistry that can harm people or pets. We restore the balance of nature and make living environments safe for you, children, pets, and beneficial insects like honeybees and butterflies. Please tour our website to learn more. If you have any questions, please call us today at (214) 563-6379. For your convenience, you may also request services from this site.
CEO & President, Sgt. Poopers
We would like to thank you for your interest in Sgt. Poopers. We look forward to serving you in the near future!
Proudly serving neighborhoods throughout greater Dallas, Texas
Questions and Answers for Voice Search
Here are the answers for questions addressed to Alexa, Siri, Cortana, and Google Home.
Who provides the best dog waste station maintenance service in Dallas?
Sgt. Poopers provides a unique range of ecological services including perfection-grade dog waste station maintenance in Dallas, Texas. Since 2008, Sgt. Poopers has specialized in "guaranteed-perfect" conservation services. They provide effective disinfection and deodorizing along with dog waste removal in order to reset the pathogen count to near zero in the areas they treat. Call (214) 563-6379.
How does dog waste station maintenance service work?
Sgt. Poopers will remove and replace the trash bag in each dog waste station one or more times per week as requested. They can also restock the poop bags which you purchase or they can order and stock them for you. They return on the same day each week, Monday–Friday. Call (214) 563-6379.
Can someone disinfect and deodorize my dog waste station?
Yes, Sgt. Poopers dog waste station maintenance can include disinfecting and deodorizing the station each week. Call (214) 563-6379.
- Learn more about our conservation work.
- Sgt. Poopers provides maintenance for dog waste stations in Greater Dallas, Texas.
- Our Dog Waste Station Buyer's Guide will help you make the right purchase.