Sgt. Poopers is hiring full-time and part-time employees and field technicians.
Contents (Quick Links)
Unique Job Opportunity
Congratulations for considering a career as a Conservation Ranger. Sgt. Poopers® provides valuable jobs to people who provide valuable service to our customers.
A ranger is “a person who manages or looks after a park, forest, or area of countryside.” The urban environment is our forest floor and we treat every yard like a National Park.
Although we certainly love dogs, we are not in the pet industry; we're a conservation company that does lawn cleaning and much more. Conservation means to manage human impact on land and water, and that includes the unintended consequences of pet ownership by humans. Never in history have so many dogs been packed into homes, apartment buildings and neighborhoods. Their impact on the landscape is devastating and our services helps manage that toxicity by resetting the pathogen count through decontamination efforts.
In practical terms, conservation includes the removal, mitigation, or elimination of pollution sources including solid waste, liquid waste, litter, pathogens, odors, pests, electrosmog, poisons and toxins. We work both in the healthy outdoors and inside structures.
Comparison to Lawn Care
A big part of what we do is lawn cleaning, since the popularity of dogs is a leading cause of pollution in Dallas. Dallas' 1.2 million dogs deposits 900,000 pounds of waste onto the ground each day. If not removed, storms and sprinklers wash it directly into creeks, lakes and the Trinity River.
"Lawn cleaning" is similar to "lawn care" in that we travel from yard to yard on a weekly route. So a comparison is worth considering.
HEAT & COLD: Lawn care professionals spend a minimum of twenty minutes at each house. We average nine minutes per stop then we're back in an air-conditioned truck, driving to the next stop so you can cool off in hot weather. Our work is cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter because we are not outdoors as long as the lawn care pros.
NOISE: Lawn care pros have to endure the deafening roar of gasoline motors all day — mowers, weed eaters, and leaf blowers. Our work is completely quiet. You can hear the birds.
DUST AND FUMES: All day long, lawn care pros breathe gasoline fumes, exhaust, clouds of dust and pollen. Our work is fume, exhaust, and dust free. Sometimes we smell poop, but so do lawn care pros. Our disinfectant extinguishes odors instantly (it's caused by bacteria).
TOXIC CHEMICALS: Unlike lawn care pros, we don't use any toxic or flammable chemicals, fuels, pesticides, or fertilizers. We're 100% all-natural and non-toxic.
HEAVY WEIGHT: With motorized equipment and gas tanks, lawn care equipment is heavy. By comparison, our equipment is lightweight.
RAINY DAYS: Lawn care pros cannot work in the rain, so they have to make up rainy days on Saturday. We work straight through most rain (we supply employees with rain suits) so we never have to work on the weekends.
NOT SEASONAL: The lawn care business is seasonal. Business slows down in winter when grass stops growing. As a result, many workers get laid off. By comparison, our business is steady all year long. We never lay people off. Your income will remain constant.
Our maintenance and disinfection protocols are designed to safeguard human and pet health, maintain the balance of nature, and protect land and water resources. Home and business owners rely on us to...
- Remove above-ground contaminants
- Neutralize biological contamination and odors
- Eliminate environmental pathogens
- Break the chain of infection on touch points
- Detect and mitigate electromagnetic radiation from EMF and RF fields
- Eliminate disease vectors: mosquitoes, fleas, ticks, flies, roaches, rats
- Exclude dangerous pests: fire ants, scorpions, venomous snakes
- Pet waste stations installation and maintenance
- Shield plants against infestations: aphids, mealybugs, Japanese beetles
- Spearhead conservation awareness
As the "park rangers" for the American backyard, our services include,
• Animal Waste Control
• Infection Control
• Odor Control
• Dog Waste Stations
• All-Natural Pest Control
• Electrostatic Disinfection
• Forensic Disinfection
• Brown Grass Spots Recovery
• Electrosmog Control
• Ionizing Radiation Control
• Toxin Control
• Soil Testing
• Litter Control
Our work is quiet, quick, non-toxic, and dust free. You will work outside energetically for about ten minutes then drive to next job in a company truck we provide. Our work is steady year round, not seasonal. We supply tools, supplies, and gas for truck.
Clock in at 7:30 each morning Monday to Friday and clock out when work is done. Full time and part time positions are available. We also have a Saturday schedule.
Our pay is generous if you can do a high-quality job quickly. Raises are provided on merit.
We provide branded shirts and jackets. You provide ranger-green work pants, brown belt, and brown high-topped work boots. You must have a clean uniform to start each day.
• Drive safely to each address using your smart phone’s GPS
• Understand services, special requests and conditions for each yard
• Ensure security of property during each visit
• Work outdoors in all weather conditions (usually 10 minutes or less, but sometimes longer)
• Carefully search out all pet waste from each area of yard and rake into bucket with liner
• Check turf, ground cover, mulch, gravel, flower beds, walk ways, deck and patio
• Disinfect and deodorize
• Apply all-natural pest control
• Tie bag securely and deposit in trash
• Click to record your actions on our app
• Accurately record your hours each day
• Authorized to work in the United States
• 21 or older
• Valid Texas Driver’s License
• Clean driving record—no at-fault accidents or citations
• Must pass a full background check
• Must have a smartphone device
• Able to read
• Able to lift 40 pounds
• Love nature, dogs
• Excellent vision, no color blindness
• Ability to spot hidden objects
• Meet standards of appearance
• Able to endure weather conditions—heat, cold, rain year round
• Able to walk 7,000 to 15,000 steps per day
• No commitments that would interrupt daily attendance
• Available to work during major holidays
• You must have an excellent record of attendance
"Mission" is a strongly-felt calling to fulfill a particular need in the world.
To safeguard human and pet health, maintain the balance of nature, and protect our land and water resources.
"Vision" describes how we see our place in the world.
We are the Park Rangers for the American Backyard.
"Values" explain our principles or standards of behavior that we use to guide our actions; our judgment of what is important in this company.
- Honesty: Always be honest and forthcoming in company matters great and small.
- Standards: Strive to deliver perfect service every time.
- Learning: Be eager to learn from and fix mistakes whenever the need arises.
- Conservation: Reverence for nature engenders passion for conservation; treat every yard like a National Park.
- Preservation: Protect life and property by being the eyes and ears of our customers on site.
- Professionalism: Be crisp, energetic and professional in the performance of your duties.
- Fortitude: Have the toughness to weather the elements.
- Alertness: Always practice situational awareness to stay safe.
- Cleanliness: Cleanliness is a hallmark of good control.
- Humility: The practice of humility brings great opportunity for it is the heart of humanity, leadership, greatness, character, integrity and strength; think of yourself less but never less of yourself.
How to Apply
You can fill out our job application online or in person. Send us an email or phone now. (214) 563-6379